Hopeless Mom*Antics – Blogger Recognition Award Nominee!
Hopeless Mom*Antics: Blogger Recognition Award Nominee!
Thanks to fellow blogger Jennevie Corre, HM*AB has been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! Corre, a mother herself, admittedly relates entirely too much to HM*AB’s tagline… when laughing alone maniacally isn’t enough. Also like me, she, too, is immersed full-time in digital marketing outside of the blog. No wonder she thinks I’m fabulous! =P
How Hopeless Mom*Antics Came to Be!
I accepted, some time ago, that I frequently fall victim to some pretty unfortunate situations. Luckily, the only way I normally know how to handle them is with a dose of humor (borderline maniacal humor, if I’ve had a rough Mom day… which is actually becoming every day… but I digress)…
My husband and I moved from Philly to Florida to be closer to family, but we left a lot of friends behind… friends who just LOVED to hear my little anecdotes.
I decided to start my blog once my son, Declan, was born, to continue to share my little stories with family and friends (and YOU!), especially since things laughably went from seriously? to YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! when i became a Mommy.
I’m also a big fan of hopefully making other people’s lives easier and better once I figure out how to do so for myself, so I publish listicles, reviews, and tips focused on an array of areas (parenthood, adulting, etc.) as often as possible!
Tips for New Bloggers
- Don’t just blog to blog. Of course, you do can do whatever you want, but if aiming to monetize your blog, aim for a niche that affects a large target audience. At that, ensure your material is life-changing, unforgettable, and shareable.
- Don’t get discouraged. Monetizing your blog doesn’t happen overnight. I have been blogging for 15 months, have only recently begun to attempt to monetize, and I think I currently have made 36 cents on Adsense and $0 through the Amazon affiliate program. My social media following is not yet large enough to qualify for most paid blogging opportunities either, but you have to start somewhere! I just completed my first requested product review and I am currently hosting my first giveaway. Baby steps!
- Be visually inspiring. I can’t tell you how many blogs I’ve visited that are so visually unappealing that it nearly discredits the content before I’ve had a chance to read any. Though your written content is key, the visual appeal of your blog is equally, if not more, important. Use featured images with your entries. Go above and beyond and use apps such as Canva to create custom images. Remember that, unlike a book, your entries are being viewed by people who have sought their phone or digital device for entertainment. You are entertaining the eyes as much as the mind.
- Go big or go home. If you’re still using a free platform such as WordPress.com to blog, you’re selling yourself short and limiting your opportunities. You have to put the dollars up to watch them eventually roll in (er, to earn the 36 cents so far, BAHAHA!). To move from “renting” to OWNING your blog, you have to sign-up for self-hosting elsewhere (I use Bluehost) and utilize WordPress.org through their platform. It’s really easy to get started. I had to transfer my entire blog from the .com to the .org, and it took less than a day!
My Blogger Recognition Award Nominees
Rules of Accepting the Nomination
Like other blogger-to-blogger awards, there are some rules to follow.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you. Provide a link to his or her blog post.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Provide a brief story on how your blog started.
- Give pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select up to 15 other bloggers you want to nominate for this award.
- Let them know that you have nominated them.
- Provide a link to your own post.